ဥေရာပ (၁၁) ႏုိင္ငံတြင္ေရာက္ရွိေနေသာ ျမန္မာ့ဒီမုိကေရစီဘက္ေတာ္သားမ်ား
စုစည္းထည္ေထာင္ထားသည့္ Forum for Burmese in Europe (FBE) မွ -
DVB (Democratic Voice of Burma) မွ လုပ္စား ဟန္ေညာင္ေ၀နွင့္ ရာသက္ပန္
အေ၀းေရာက္အစုိးရဟုအမည္ရေသာအဖြဲ ့(NCGUG) မွ ၀န္ၾကီးခ်ဳပ္ဆုိသူလုပ္စားစိန္၀င္း
တုိ ့၏ - လုပ္စားဇာတ္ထုပ္အား ေနာ္ေ၀း၀န္ၾကီးခ်ဳပ္ Jens Stoltenberg ထံသုိ ့
တုိင္ၾကားတင္ျပလြႊာအား (၁၁/၁၀/၂၀၁၁) ရက္စြဲျဖင့္ ေအာက္ပါအတုိင္းေပးပုိ ့
His Excellency Mr. Jens Stoltenberg
Royal Nowegian Government, Office of the Prime Minister,
Subject: Request to replace the temporary Executive Director Harn Yawnghwe from
Democratic Voice of Burma (Oslo) DVB. Your Excellency,
We are the Executive Members of the Burmese Community in Europe, and we are very pleased to know that your Government has been active on Burma. We truly appreciate your relentless devotion to democracy in Burma.
We are writing this letter to inform you that the corruption in DVB shocked us tremendously. As Burmese living abroad, we feel very shameful for the incident where donation money of the kindhearted Norwegians taxpayers were basically stolen. This
kind of criminal act is not tolerable and the persons who are responsible for this dishonest act need to be punished according to the Norwegian laws.
The main persons responsible are executive director and deputy director for their sloppy management. Also the temporary Executive Director Harn is not trusted by the
Burmese communities in Europe, Latin America, Africa, and in Asia. Harn has been using donors’ money for building his own empire, not for the democratic change in Burma but to split the country for his personal revenge. His family suffered under Ne
Win led military regime and so did all of us, but his personal vengeance became reality when he was appointed as the Chief of Euro-Burma office by U Sein Win’s so called
exile government known as National Coalition Government of the Union of Burma
Later he betrayed NCGUB and founded the ethnic organization called Ethnic Nationalities Council (ENC), which had him expelled from the NCGUB. Later he changed his stance from anti-government to a pro regime and ended up angering the ethnic leaders, which resulted in his departure from ENC.
He is now supporting the Muslim group called Rohingyas by attended the Muslim conference in London. His action created an outright rejection of his political career by Arakanese people.
Below is our opinion and suggestion you should consider for the future success of DVB.
1. Forum of Burmese in Europe, as well as the audience of the DVB, do not accept
Harn as a Director of DVB.
2. Harn Yawnghwe is not clean from corruption and he has been using the democratic revolution as his personal benefit and not for the people.
3. Majority of the democratic forces living abroad did not support Harn and his activities.
4. We want to see someone from the board of directors who is trustworthy with a passion about Burma to substitute Harn’s position. This person does not need to be a Burman.
5. We need an explanation from the board of directors and the executive directors why senior reporter Htet Aung Kyaw and other reporters who were laid out a few
6. The mismanagement of the DVB by the two executive directors led to the shameful corruption. Those two are responsible for the corruption and need a strong reaction.
7. We want the board of directors to investigate the properties of the management team and calculate whether their salaries can afford such expensive houses.
8. DVB is created for pro-democratic movement and it needs to be always pro democratic in view and support pro-democratic activities, and not as a neutral broadcasting station, on the other hand, the Burmese regime’s broadcasting station is only one-sided bias on government activities.
9. The management team misused their power by censoring pro-democratic leaders
if they disliked them. Because of this behavior many contributions to the democratic movement has been wasted. This kind of unprofessionalism needs to stop.
10. DVB needs brave journalists inside Burma who dare to take risks and who dare
to give their names as DVB reporters. It will terminate the middle persons who try to snatch the middle portion of the funding. FBE is willing to help with this missing link.
11. If you require evidences about the accusations made towards Mr Harn, we are ready to give you at a later date.
We therefore ask you and your Government to suspend Mr. Harn Yawnghwe from the temporary executive director of the Democratic Voice of Burma,Norway as soon as possible.
We thank you for your kind attention of our appeal and petition, and we offer you and the people of Norway our best wishes.
Executive members of Forum for Burmese in Europe (FBE)
1. U Than Htike(PL)(email@example.com)
2. U Kyaw Thwin(NO)(firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Sonny Aung Than Oo(DE)(email@example.com)
4. Ko Htin Kyaw(F)(firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Ma Moe Moe Khin(DK)(email@example.com)
6. Ko Tin Ko Win(NL)(Kowin.firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. U Khin Maung Kyi (Former Diplomat)(UK)(email@example.com)
Cc: DVB Board of Directors